Google Apps Script Emailer PDF maker from Doc Template 4.8 (5 ratings) Course Ratings are calculated from individual students’ ratings and a variety of other signals, like age of rating and reliability, to ensure that they reflect course quality fairly and accurately.
What you’ll learn
- How to Apply Google Apps Script
- How to write code to make things happen with GSuite
- Explore what you can do with Google Apps Script
- Connect GSuite Apps Together using Code
Source Code is included
Do you need to send a bunch of custom PDFs to a group of email recipients – of course you already have it listed in a Google Spreadsheet. Wouldn’t it be nice if this could be done with a simple script. You’re in luck!
- Create a spreadsheet list out the first name, last name and email of the person.
- Create a Google Doc which can be used as a template with firstname lastname and data fields
Now the fun part – coding with Google Apps Script.
- Use Google Apps Script to list all the data from the spreadsheet
- Loop through the data populating the fields into new Google Doc created by Apps Script
- Create a PDF from the Google Doc – Save to your drive if you want!
- Send out the new PDF from the template with populated fields from the spreadsheet to the emails listed in the Spreadsheet
- Thats it all done with a simple Google Script.