What you’ll learn
- Learn how returning functions from functions works
- Get an introduction on Scope and the Call Stack
- Use Closure to create a Memoize function
- Learn how to use Closure in professional engineering
- Improve your technical communication
- Have a set of professional techniques for writing more maintainable code
Why learn Closure when I could be learning Node or React?
The purpose of this course is for you to take time out of ‘making it work to meet deadlines’ to truly understand a concept that will allow you to accelerate all your future engineering.
Closure is that building block that all the other concepts sit upon. 4 of the most important areas of modern programming rest on it:
- Professional-grade functions like memoize and once to write cleaner and more efficient code
- Design patterns like Node’s module pattern (the CommonJS pattern)
- Functional programming techniques like partial application, currying and monads
So how should I learn this?
In this course, we will visualize every line of code as it runs. There are no mysteries in programming if you don’t skip steps!